AceRent Logo
Request Request
korea rental apartments
  Apartments Furniture Rental Relocation Services Serviced Residence Immigration Control Foreign School Bangbae (Seorae)  
You are here : HOME > Immigration Control > Returning, Re-issuance Card

Apartments Search

Furniture Rental

Serviced Residence

Foreign Schools

Importance Notice to Alien Registration Card Holders

* Alien registration is valid for one year and foreigners should renew their alien registration within one year.

1. Returning Alien Registration Card

Foreigners Obliged to Return the Card

Under one of the following conditions, foreigners should return their alien registration cards to the Immigration Office.

  • On final departure date of a registered foreigner
  • When the registered foreigner abandons his/her foreign citizenship and acquires Korean nationality
  • Upon the death of the registered foreigner
  • When the registered foreigner becomes exempt from alien registration

Return Period

  • Foreigners planning leave the country for good should return their alien registration cards upon departure.
  • When a foreigner gains Korean nationality, the person should return the alien registration card within 14 days of his/her acquisition of Korean nationality. When returning the alien registration card, the foreigner should submit a Korean nationality verification certificate and give up the foreign nationality verification certificate.
  • Upon Death: The alien registration card should be returned within 14 days of acknowledgement of death or within 30 days of death. Medical report, inquest report, or other death verification documents should be submitted with the returned alien registration card.
  • ※ Penalties will be imposed if alien registration cards are not returned within the required periods.

2. Alien Registration Card Re-issuance

* Alien Registration Cards are issued at the Immigration Office under appropriate jurisdiction

Reasons for Re-issuance

  • Lost or stolen registration cards
  • Damaged registration cards
  • Lack of space for necessary items to be displayed
  • Changes in details on the existing card (name, sex, birth date and nationality)
  • * Application for re-issuance must be made within 14 days of the above reasons

Required documents for Re-issuance

  • Passport
  • Application form
  • Document stating reason for re-issuance application (where lost)
  • 1 color photo (3cm x 4cm)
  • Old registration card (if existing card is rendered useless from wear/tear, lack of space, or change of details arise)
  • Process fee: ₩10,000 (Government Revenue Stamp)
  • Where to Apply: Local Immigration Office

3. Separate Issuance of Alien Registration Card (Age of 17)

Foreigners applicable to the following must receive separately issued Alien Registration Cards.

  • Foreigners who are listed as accompaniments to their parents or legal guardians on their registration cards, and have reached 17 years of age
  • Those seeking separate issuance of Foreigner Registration Card due to departure or other such reasons of their parents/guardians.
  • Separate applications for issuance of Foreigner Registration Card must be made within 60 days of reaching 17 years of age.

Required documents

  • passport
  • 2 color photos (3cm x 4cm)
  • Alien Registration Card
Tel : +82-2-797-0330

Relocation Services
- Facility management
- Convenient life service
- Communications service
- Medical and insurance
- Financial errand service
- Network of emergency
- Preview / Look-See Trip
- Home Search
- Document Assistance
- Settling-In
- Cross Culture Training
- Departure Program
- Property Management
- Accommodation
- Work outsourcing
- Relocation
- Request
Immigration Control
- Korea Visa
- Alien Registration Card
- Returning, Re-issuance
- Reporting Obligations
- Driver's License
- Request

Apartments | Furniture Rental | Relocation Services | Serviced Residence | Immigration Control | Foreign School
Korea Apartments for Rent | Korea Houses for Rent | Korea Villas for Rent | Seoul Apartments for Rent | Seoul Houses for Rent | Seoul Villas for Rent
Home | About Us | Site Map | FAQ
Copyright © 2010 - Korea Real Estate and Relocation Co. All Right Reserved.
Registered No : 92240000-1362 / TEL +82-2-797-0330 / E-mail:
D-#207, Yongsan Park Xi Bldg, Hangangryo-1Ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, 140-752 Korea.