1. Korea VISA?
- AceRent helps foreigners, who wish to stay more than 90 days within Korea, to have the Alien Registration Card (Foreigners Registration Procedure for Korean Visa Holders). The following information is to help you have a better understanding of Korean Visa, prior to make the Alien Registration Card in Korea.
- Visa is a kind of endorsement or acknowledgment, whose specific meaning differs from country to country. Generally speaking, however, it is used to mean one of the following two things; One being the 'permission to enter' a given country, and the other being the 'consul's recommendation for a foreigner's entry request.' In case of Republic of Korea, the latter definition is used. Therefore, even if one were to have a Korean visa, one can still be denied entry to Korean soil should an immigration officer find some requirements unsatisfactory after inspection.
General Visa Issuance Flow
- Upon visa application, applicants must submit all required documents the status of stay, which must suit the purpose of their visit.
- Applicant's Document Submission
- Authorities/ Embassy Consulate, Approved Authorities/ Minister of Justice
- Permission Request
- Visa Attached / Issued
Certificate for Confirmation of Visa Issuance Flow
- Upon filling out the visa application form, please specify the visa issuance approval number, which was send to you via e-mail or cellular phone.
Procedure within Korea
Procedure to Embassy/ Consulate
- 1. Foreigner to enter Korea
- 2. Inviter
- Applicant, Handling Authorities/ Immigration Office,
- Acceptance, Examination, Permission, Informing Visa Issuance Permission No.
- Submission Documents :
-Application of Certificate for Recognition of Visa Issuance
- *Confirm of Permission ARS (02-2650-6363)
- Foreigner to enter Korea
- Applicant, Handling Authorities/ Embassy/ Consulate
- Acceptance, Permission, Issuance of Visa/ Issuance
- Submission Documents:
-Application of Visa Issuance (Written Certificate for Recognition of Visa Issuance No.)
2. Visa type Guide
- The following information is to examine whether you need to have a foreigner registration in Korea. This information is to help Korean visa holders to process the Alien Registration Card (Foreigner Registration Card) Issuance within Korea.
- Foreign Registration Exemption: A1-3 Visa Holders and Family, or D1, D6, F1, F3, G1 visa holders with Canadian Nationality who intend to stay in R.O.K less than 6 months.
- Foreign diplomatic mission, or Staff of foreign Consulates
- Those exempted or possessed with similar privileges as diplomatic Missions based on Agreement or international Custom.
- Family Members of Personnel meeting the requirements above
- Those that execute their official duties of foreign government or international organization
- The family members of the above
Conventions / Agreements
- Those that are exempted from foreign registration according to an agreement
- Direct family members of the above
- Those seeking to collect news materials for a short period of time that are dispatched by foreign journalistic organizations such as newspaper, broadcasting station, magazine, etc.
- Those seeking to collect news materials for a short period of time in accordance with the contract with foreign journalistic organizations.
- Those seeking short term stay for arrangement of a branch of foreign journalistic organization. (if they wish to stay after the establishment, they must apply for D-5 status)
Short Term Business
- Those arranging the establishment of a branch of foreign corporation or corporation with inward foreign direct investment. self-employees who purchase
- Those that are self-employed, and seeking to make purchase.
- Those entered for consulting or contract, that were invited by the Korean public/private organization
- Those in trade business that seek to acquire knowledge of installation, repair, inspection, or operation of machinery (except those being paid for such acts)
- Those that are going to stay for a short period of time for tourism, transit, visiting relative, conference, culture and art, com training, religious ceremony, collecting academical datum, or other similar reasons (Must not be for profit)
- Those who want to be invited to receive medical treatment at medical institution in Korea by the hospital or inviter with permission of the Medical Services Law
- Those seeking make profit from performance of music, fine arts, literature, etc.(Whose period of stay is under 90 days)
- Those that are seeking to make profit through performing arts such as entertainment, music, play, sports, advertisement, fashion model, or others of the like.(Whose period of stay is within 90 days) Those seeking engagement in the field of research or technical training that apply to the following:
- Those seeking engagement in the research of natural science or development of high technology
- Scientists seeking make a study in the institution which is under the Special Treatment Law as to Defense Industry Company
- Those seeking offer expertise of the natural science or the technique of special field of industry in the public or private corporation.
- Those seeking employment through contract with public or private corporation, whose period of stay is within 90 days. Those dispatched under contract, that are provided with compensation such as the cost of staying.(Whose period of stay is within 90 days)
- Those seeking engage in the field of IT (information technology), e-business, BT (bio-technology), NT (nano-technology), new composite material, transportation facilities, digital appliances, or environmental energy in the domestic corporation with the recommendation of the Minister of related Ministries.(Whose period of stay is within 90 days) ; Field of IT: the Minister of Information and Communication ; Others: the Minister of Commerce, Industry and Energy
- Those that perform artistic or academic activity which does not make profit
- Those seeking to earn a degree (bachelor's or higher) or conduct a specific study at a college, university / graduate school set up under a provision of the Education Law or at the educational facilities set up under a provision of the special law
- Those fulfilling conditions set by the Minister of Justice, that are seeking industrial training in the following firms:
- Enterprise with outward foreign direct investment under the foreign Exchange Law(D-3-1)
- Enterprise which experts technology aboard with the Minister of Justice's confirmation for the industrial training(D-3-1)
- Enterprise which experts industrial equipment abroad under the Overseas Trade Law(D-3-1)
- Those who study Korean at the language school attached to a university.
- Those that are engaged in the educational facilities, the national or public research organization, foreigner investment company or at company that made an investment abroad.
- Those seeking to collect news materials in Korea that are dispatched by foreign journalistic organizations such as newspaper, broadcasting station, magazine, etc
- Those that are dispatched to the chapter registered in Korea by the foreign religious body or social welfare organization
Supervisory Intra-Company Transfer
- Employees of local branches of foreign organizations the principle belong to.
- Those carrying out the organizations establishment procedures in proxy.
- Employees of foreign investment corporations the principle are or will be employed for
- A person who carries out the corporations establishment procedures in proxy
- Employees of organization that the principle manages, or is considered to be an essential employee.
- Employees of an organization that the principle wished to work for to supervise / manage the industrial setup and productions
- Those carrying out the organizations establishment procedures in proxy
- Recognized person by the minister of ministry of justice, who wants do training or job seeking to be E1-5, and E7.
- Foreigners qualified by the higher education Act, that are seeking to give lectures or conduct a study in an educational facilities.
- High-quality human resources of science
Foreign Language teaching
- Those seeking position of foreign language instructor at foreign language institutions or educational facilities (primary school and above)
- Qualification: Natives of the country whose mother language is the one they are teaching. In addition, they must have acquired a bachelor's degree or higher from that country.
- Those that offer special technology or expertise at a public/private organization; to Korean nationals or corporations, based on the regulation of Foreigners Investment Promotion Act
- Other than above, those that offer special technology or expertise not available in Korea.
- Those that offer special technology or expertise at a public/private organization
- Other than above, those that offer special technology or expertise not available in Korea.
- Those with an authorized foreign certificate of qualification which is approved by the Korean law
- Aircraft pilots that are recommended by the Minister of Construction and Transportation
- Doctors with the latest medical science skills seeking work at the following medical organizations recommended by the Minister of Health and Welfare
- Those seeking work as a essential staff of the shipping service hired by the Korean transportation corporation
- Those seeking to make a profit with performances related to music, fine arts, literature, or others of the like.
- Employees of local organizations the principle have been hired to work for.
- Those that satisfy the required conditions based on the Law of Foreign Employee's Employment
- Those seeking employment as a vessel crew in a ship operating passenger transportation business or freight transportation business that applies to the Marine Law
- Locally residing relatives of the principle
- Those willing to take care of the principle locally
- Those willing to invite the principle
- The spouse of Korea national
- The spouse of the one with permanent residence status (F-5 visa)
- Family member of the Working Visa Holders.
- Among necessary conditions for permanent residence, a foreign high investor and a foreigner of superior ability in specified fields.
- Those that do not fall under any of the other categories of visa, seeking stay for more than 91 days in Korea, and applies to the following:
1. Those that are placed under medical care
2. Those involved in legal proceedings
- Those from countries that signed the MOU or Agreement on Tourism Employment, whose main purpose is tourism, but are seeking employment for a short period of time to pay for the travel expenses
3. Obtaining Permission to Engage in Activities Beyond the Limits of Current Status
Foreigners who seeks to carry out activities beyond the limits of their current visa status (hereafter "unauthorized activities"), without changing their status of stay must receive permission to do so prior to actually engaging in the said activity. Should the aforementioned activities become the main purpose of their stay, such permission will not be granted, and they must therefore re-enter with a new visa or apply to change their status of stay. Those with single-entry visa for less than 90 days of stay are not permitted to carry out unauthorized activities.
- Application of permission for engage in activities beyond the current visa status(Immigration Office)
- Permission for engage in activities beyond the current visa status affixed on the passport
- Description on Foreign Registration Card
- Information the cause
- Before carrying out the activity of different residence status together
- Attached Documents
- Application of permission for engage in activities beyond the current visa status
- Foreign Registration Card (If applicable)
- Attached Documents per Status
- Fee: 60,000 KRW (Except for D2: 10,000 KRW)
* Subjects can vary under different circumstances.
4. Visa Status Change Procedure
Foreigners who seeks to change their current visa status. In practice, applicants should re-enter with a new visa. However, within a limited condition, under severe examination, those of the qualified and well-prepared will be granted a permission to change a status of stay without leaving this country.
5. Single/ Multiple Visa
Korea Visa Holders (foreigners) who wish to travel outside of Korea must obtain Multiple Entry Permit.
Single Entry Visa
Only a single-entry is permitted for the duration of the visa.
Valid for 3 months from the date it had been issued.
Multiple Entry Visa
Multiple entries are permitted for as long as visa remains valid.
Fee for changing a single to multiple entry visa
appox. KRW ￦50,000
* Subjects above might can vary in accordance with different circumstances.